.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Pricing. And Platforms.

by Louis Bertrand Shalako

c2010

All Rights Reserved


What a busy weekend. So far I have lowered prices in the U.K. Kindle store for all four books. These are now available at a price of 1.71 GBP. I also went into Smashwords and lowered the price of the first two novels, 'Core Values,' and 'Heaven Is Too Far Away,' down to $1.49 (I think.) Both of those Smashwords Editions are available in all formats and are available for online reading.

Now I am in the Amazon Kindle Store U.S. and U.K., Smashwords, Kobo, and in Indigo/Chapters. This includes all four books. Hopefully those will turn up elsewhere in time.

Also this weekend, I have been publishing the books, using Pdf's with the newer cover art--the old versions had the red text, all murky in the case of 'Heaven.' The newer ones were done with Softonic's 'Paint' program.

These books should appear on Google Books.com and at Myebook.com in the very near future. Simply put, it takes me a while to sort of plow around in there like a bull in a china shop and learn the system, figure out how to get it right, etc. Paypal and bank verificaton, all of that stuff. What do I do if it doesn't work?

The basic premise is to get the books out on as many different platforms as possible, and certainly Pdf's can be priced lower, right?

Originally, I tried to get into Myebook.com back in late August or early September, but somehow got mired up in the sign-up process! Part of that problem was the verification process for Paypal; and I suppose my eyes were going nuts at the time.

At first the prices were definitely too high, at $7.99 and $5.99.

Another challenge is reviews. So far I have submitted two books for review; and one book for consideration but that site is merely for posting and discussion.

For some reason I'm still shy about attaching the books to e-mails and sending them all over hell's half-acre.

At some point I need to buy a new notebook and try to keep track of all this stuff.

UPDATE: Sorry, I think there are only a couple of books so far in Kobo and etc. Like I said, it's a lot to keep up with! And I'm the one who's doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the blog posts, art or editing.